Friday 11 May 2012

The Crawling Chaos

"And it was then that Nyarlathotep came out of Egypt. Who he was, none could tell, but he was of the old native blood and looked like a Pharaoh. The fellahin knelt when they saw him, yet could not say why. He said he had risen up out of the blackness of twenty-seven centuries, and that he had heard messages from places not on this planet. Into the lands of civilisation came Nyarlathotep, swarthy, slender, and sinister, always buying strange instruments of glass and metal and combining them into instruments yet stranger. He spoke much of the sciences - of electricity and psychology - and gave exhibitions of power which sent his spectators away speechless, yet which swelled his fame to exceeding magnitude. Men advised one another to see Nyarlathotep, and shuddered. And where Nyarlathotep went, rest vanished; for the small hours were rent with the screams of a nightmare."

-H.P. Lovecraft's Nyarlathotep

So everyone I've known has bugged me at one point or another to make a blog, maybe they just wanted me to shut up, or maybe they thought for whatever misguided reason I'm a good writer, or funny. I know I'm 'funny' strange at the least. Gargh! Writing this post stream-of-thought is making it look retarded, and I guess I intend to write the rest of the blog this way, so avert your eyes if your getting tired already, 'cause this ain't gunna change, boy!

The main raisin I never started a blog was I never had a subject, but I had an epiphany today, or possibly yesterday: I totally write random rules for games all the time, and never have followed through enough to make a cohesive system, or module. So why not write about that?

I guess my mission statement would be: "To write down homebrew rules for game systems as they emerge, keep record of/revise my rules, eventually compile them into a useful format, and keep myself motivate in the process". I guess I should probably add something like: "write an entertaining blog, but fuck you, reader".

Oh! I could totally work on my typing too!

Structure wise it'll go a bit like this: I'm gonna post ideas for games I have, that I've thought out, they may be for compaigns, they maybe for new units, rules I the existing game or maybe even fluff or whatever. Some of my posts may be revisions of previous stuff, which will remain in the past, and exist in the new post as well, so you can look at the old version. I'm gonna try and stick with themes, so I can put something cohesive together sooner rather than later. Some of my rules I may leave uncompleted, because I can't think of anything that I'm satisfied with. If I have any readers, I'd ask you to suggest things!

"Art is never finished, only abandoned."

-Leonardo da Vinci


I may throw in some painting/modeling on the side.


Yes, I'm an aspie, and yes I've got really boring interests in esoteric subjects, deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment